* ?= nodewords_output_tags($tags, $output_type = 'head'); */ ?>
The National Circus School Foundation Bursary Program
Vital Financial Aid for Aspiring Circus Artists
Skills, talent, and determination are the only criteria for entrance into the National Circus School. It is the principle of the School and the Foundation that no qualified student who wishes to pursue their studies at the School will be unable to attend or be required to withdraw from a program at the National Circus School for financial reasons.
The NSCF Bursary is a non-repayable grant that is awarded on the basis of financial need and provides vital financial support to students who cannot handle the full cost of tuition and related expenses.
Established in 2006, the Bursary program is made possible through an endowment created through donations from individuals, foundations and corporations. This capital is invested in perpetuity and generates yearly revenue which provides a long-term source of income to disburse bursaries each year.
If you don’t think you have the financial resources to attend the National Circus School, the NSC Foundation Bursary may be a vital source of financial support for you.
• The Program is open to all full time students, both Canadian and international students.
• Since 2006, over 75 % of students seeking financial aid have qualified and have received a bursary.
• On average each year, 3 out of 10 students enrolled in the college and high-school programs receive a bursary from the Foundation.
• Bursary amounts disbursed since 2006 have ranged from $500 to $4,500 resulting in an average bursary value of nearly $2,000.
• Students must be registered and enrolled in a National Circus School program at the time of application in order to be eligible.
• Applications for students under the age of 18 enrolled in the high school-circus arts studies or preparatory program must be completed by consenting parents.
Note: Students who apply for and receive government loans from their province of origin are still admissible to the Foundation Bursary Program.
How to apply?
To be considered for a bursary, eligible students must complete the application form and include the required documents. Information provided on the applications will be tabulated and undergo a confidential process of evaluation. Recommendations will be reviewed by the Bursary Evaluation Committee, who is appointed each year by the Foundation Board of Directors. nommé par le conseil d’administration de la Fondation.
Application Deadline : October 1, 2013